Ayurvedic Treatment For Cervical Spondylosis
Cervical Spondylosis Treatment
The treatment includes external therapies like greeva Basti, abhyangam, kizhi, etc. Along with some therapeutic diet and regimen and internal medication. Therefore, cervical spondylitis is completely curable with Ayurveda.
Ayurvedic Understanding of Cervical Spondylosis
According to Ayurveda, Cervical Spondylosis is described as ‘Greeva graham’, a condition that is caused due to the vitiated ‘Vata’ dosha. Increase in Vata leads to depletion of body tissues, for an instance, with ageing Vata increases and body tissues start degenerating. The dryness and degeneration caused by Vata leads to decrease of Kapha Dosha that is responsible for cushioning in between bone joints. Thus, disc degeneration transpires which eventually leads to spondylosis.
Factors that cause Cervical Spondylosis according to Ayurveda
- Age – Cervical spondylosis is a normal part of ageing.
- Sedentary Lifestyle (Improper diet and no physical activity)
- Bad food habits
- Occupation – Having a job that requires heavy lifting or a lot of bending and twisting.
- Recent Neck Injuries or Surgery
- Genetic Factors – Family history of Spondylosis.
- Being Overweight
Symptoms of Cervical Spondylosis according to Ayurveda
- Neck stiffness that gets worse over time
- Tingling, numbness and weakness in your shoulders, arms, hands etc.
- Pain during neck movements
- Difficulty in writing, holding objects etc.
- Muscle weakness
- Difficulty in walking, lack of co-ordination